Sunday, June 15, 2014

In the Garden

My Dad was never a gardener, per se, though I always picture him in my childhood memories as somehow working the land...on the tractor baling hay or raking out the stones from the topsoil before we planted the new front yard.  And he didn't make a living making music, though I can't remember a day when his fingers weren't pinching a guitar pick or pressing a string against a fret.   

He's the headwater from which springs both my love of the land and my love of music and so today, I'm sending back a little of both to him.  Flowers from the gardens I work around our house.  And lyrics from his favorite church hymn.  

Happy Father's Day, Dad!  

Love you bunches,

Jen



In the Garden
by C. Austin Miles 
Composed 1912








No comments:

Post a Comment